event

Recap: Simon & Schuster Canada Fall Kids Preview Party

Thursday, August 27, 2015Cupcake Queen


I was excited when I received the invite to the S&S fall kids preview. There were many amazing titles I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into, like Minrs and The Blackthorn Key, and I couldn't wait to finally attend a publishing event after my long hiatus (goodness, it's been soooo long).

The Simon & Schuster Fall Kids Preview Event took place at the spacious The Spoke Club in Downtown Toronto. I had met with Michele @ Justalillost earlier for a cup of coffee prior to the event and enjoyed catching up. At ten to six, we made our way upstairs to the event space and were greeted by Jackie, and told we could enter to win two fun prize packs.  After filling out our entries we made our way to our fellow book bloggettes.

A photo posted by Wendy (@caffelattequeen) on

There was fine wine, fun prop picking, and copious amounts of maneuvering into photos before someone kindly offered to take it for us. Further into the spacious event room, we discovered that there was a candy buffet table with enough sugar to keep our inner children satisfied. Sour keys, jaw breakers, gum balls, an oreo manifestation that perplexed me, and all with unique names pertaining to the night's featured fall titles (eg. pigeon poop for The Blackthorn Key and Rainbows for Imagine a World). Right across the way there were we also delicious snow cones (yum) and old-timey fizzy drinks from The Pop Shoppe (double orange yum).

The entire evening was an absolute success. I caught up with all the bloggettes, met some new bloggers from our Book Blog Ontario meet, even met some amazing authors and new friends. I also learned about a novel that wasn't quite on my radar prior to the event, A Pocket Full of Murder by RJ Anderson. It's an upcoming middle grade title that sounds really fun. Throughout the event, guests were welcome to pick up copies of the night's featured titles and pick up a swag bag. I personally picked up a copy of Minrs and Madly, but missed out on all the copies of A Pocket Full of Murder. My blog readers can expect to see reviews on Minrs, The Blackthorn Key, The Scorpion Rules and Madly this September.

It was a night of great bookish chats, mingling with book lovers, chatting with amazing authors, and tasting of delicious foods. Thank you to Simon & Schuster Canada for putting together such an incredible event where readers could connect with the authors of your upcoming fall titles. I'm looking forward to sharing my reviews!

Featured Fall Titles:
*click the cover to be redirected to their Goodreads listings*


You Might Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form