The Return of the Cupcake Queen - She's Back to Book Blogging

Monday, August 17, 2015Cupcake Queen

The Cupcake Queen has returned to the land of the living!
And by land of the living I mean the book blogging world.
And by that I mean I was lost without you and I love you and I want to hug all of you!

Hello, Cupcakes!

A Cupcake and a Latte is back and it's been a long, long time. Almost three years to be precise. Yeesh! Three years is a pretty long time to be away from blogging but it wasn't without reason. Your royal cupcakeness needed some time away to relax, wind down, and rediscover what I loved so much about the book blogger community. I met so many wonderful people in my pre-blogging days (that's early 2010) and in my early book blogging days (2011) and I can't wait to reconnect with everyone. With that said, I'm happy to be back! It was a long process and took quite a bit of convincing from friends but I'm happy to be back at this again. Took me long enough, eh?

Sadly, after three years (has it REALLY been that long already?) much of my reviews were lost and can't be salvaged. Am I sad about that? Not in the least! It's a fresh start I welcome with open arms. Over three years my opinions have changed, though slightly, and I have changed as a person. Older and wiser. With that said, I'll be reviewing again and hopefully you'll still enjoy my old signature crazy cupcakeness that was present in my posts. For the time being I will not be opening up review requests, I'll be focusing on books I'm currently reading and already own.

Now that the blog is back you'll be seeing more than just book reviews and the occasional bookish post and giveaway. You'll also be introduced to a new feature to the blog titled "Fangirl Meltdown", which will pop-up on the blog every Friday. On "Fangirl Meltdown" I'll introduce you to something I was particularly excited about that week. It can be an upcoming book, movie, collectible, etc. Of course, an old favourite called "Fresh on the Shelf" will make a comeback. For those not aware it's a feature from my old blog where I'd keep readers up to date on upcoming titles for that month. When this feature will reappear will be determined by how smoothly I transition into blogging again. Also, for the time being, please be aware that my old Facebook page for the blog (which still exists, hurray!) is going to be going through some changes. Sorry in advance!

Oh! For those who weren't blogging back in 2012 and don't recognize me or the blog, here's a quick recap on my past in blogging:

After being an active reviewer on Goodreads as Mocha  Latte back in 2010/2011, I chose to create a blog titled A Cupcake and a Latte where I could spread my love of young adult books. Over time my love for YA grew and my blog had an astounding 2,000+ followers who enjoyed reading my honest and fair reviews. I would also keep my readers up to date on new books released with a monthly post.

Now that I'm back I'm looking to take this slower. Not too slow but I'm certainly not looking to grow my blog to a readership that I previously had (that would be insane). I'm looking to return to sharing my love for reading again and to reconnect with fellow readers with zero pressure. If you want to keep tabs on me feel free to follow through any social media platform of your choosing. Also be sure to say hi in the comments, don't be shy, and to tweet me whenever you like. Chatting with fellow book readers is why I started blogging in the first place!

What to expect from me on my first week back:

A Review - Yes, you'll be seeing my first review after returning from my hiatus. Expect a review on Sadie Munroe's All It Takes
Fangirl Meltdown - I'll keep the topic of this post a secret until then, however friends will likely guess what it'll be about.
Chaos - Not really, but a lot still needs to be organized on the blog, a routine needs to be made, and I need to get a handle on being back in the blogger world. Please be patient =D



With that said, I hope for many happy bookish days ahead!

Happy Reading!
-Wendy aka Cupcake Queen

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Welcome back! You were missed :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO EXCITED THAT YOU'RE BACK! That totally sucks that posts and reviews were lost, but like you said, yay for a fresh start! I can't wait to follow you from a different perspective, as a blogger! I look forward to chatting with you :)

    Happy Monday!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back and blogging. The community missed you greatly when you left. Sad to hear about your reviews. I look forward to reading what you put up next. Nice new look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!! So excited to have you back in the book blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Wendy! So glad you have returned. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, Wendy! So happy to have you back. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *tackle hugs* So happy you are back!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds super exciting and I'm glad you found that inspiration (or whatever you want to call it) to continue blogging again!

    Cheers,
    Joey via. thoughts and afterthoughts

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to say I missed you - but I still see you around when we hang out ;) So I'm going to rephrase that and say I'VE MISSED YOU AND YOUR BLOGGING!!!!! *joins Jenn with a tacklehug*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I missed you. This guy is missed your posts ( reviews and monthly releases post). Happy you're back ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back Wendy! You were most definitely missed! Glad the Cupcake Queen is taking the book blogging world by storm again :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back, Wendy! I can't believe it's been three years. It was a sad day in the community when you stopped blogging, so I am beyond excited to see you back! <3

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form