waitingonwednesday

Waiting on Wednesday - Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan

Wednesday, August 26, 2015Cupcake Queen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Reign of Shadows
by Sophie Jordan
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 304
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: February 9th, 2016
Seventeen years ago, an eclipse cloaked the kingdom of Relhok in perpetual darkness. In the chaos, an evil chancellor murdered the king and queen and seized their throne. Luna, Relhok’s lost princess, has been hiding in a tower ever since. Luna’s survival depends on the world believing she is dead.

But that doesn’t stop Luna from wanting more. When she meets Fowler, a mysterious archer braving the woods outside her tower, Luna is drawn to him despite the risk. When the tower is attacked, Luna and Fowler escape together. But this world of darkness is more treacherous than Luna ever realized. With every threat stacked against them, Luna and Fowler find solace in each other. But with secrets still unspoken between them, falling in love might be their most dangerous journey yet.

Why I'm Anticipating This Book:

In my early book blogging days I fell in love with Sophie's Firelight series (Firelight, Vanish and Hidden). It's a YA series that focuses on a young teen girl who also happens to be a draki, hidden from the world with others like herself. Sophie pulled me into this world and I couldn't resist following her every release. From the Uninvited series and Foreplay Chronicles, to the Debutante Files and Forgotten Princesses series, I found myself thoroughly enjoying everything she's written. With the upcoming release of Reign of Shadows, I find myself highly anticipating Sophie's high fantasy adventure. Mysterious characters, murder, and promising high stakes - I'm very eager for February's arrival and absolutely cannot wait to read Reign of Shadows and share my thoughts with everyone.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

Happy Reading,
Wendy (Cupcake Queen)

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Sounds like an author to look into. Thanks for sharing. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I also have this one on my TBR list! The cover looks amazing and the blurb sounds great too! I really, really, really hope we'll both enjoy this book - I haven't read anything by the author yet but I should probably check out her other books too, since you liked them so much! Thanks for sharing! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for this book. This book does sound good indeed.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new-to-me author that I've been noticing around...this book sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE GOOD GOODBYE”


    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read a Sophie Jordan book but that cover is so beautiful and the lettering so COOL!!!! I wonder if it will feel different/raised when you get a final copy at the bookstore or something. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-kill-boy-band-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes... this one looks fantastic. The cover is amazing too. My WoW went all Bond if Bond were a girl... Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read anything by Sophie Jordan yet but I plan to thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the Firelight series many years ago, but nothing else by Sophie Jordan yet! However, this synopsis looks amazing, and can we talk about that cover?? I really hope you enjoy this one!
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I am anxiously awaiting this one, as well!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you seen the author posting about having the ARCs on Facebook and Twitter? I want a copy so bad! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that cover! So, so pretty. Thanks for sharing about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, isn't the cover just beautiful! The synopsis sounds brilliant. I cannot wait for this release! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW!

    Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh new Sophie Jordan! This sounds like a pretty interesting series, I do like a good fantasy. Great pick! Thanks for sharing + stopping by by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sophie Jordan is entirely new to me, but this sounds really promising. I'm really into fantasy lately, so I'll have to give it a look!
    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form