Friday, 25 September 2015

Fangirl Meltdown - September 2015 Loot Crate Unboxing

WHAT I'M FANGIRLING ABOUT:
The September 2015 "Summon" Loot Crate - a monthly box for gamers and geeks filled with goodies, including shirts, stickers, collectible figures, and more.

*Loot Crate Promo Image*

WHY:
Out of all the monthly box subscriptions, Loot Crate was the only one that caught my interest. After the Fiance and I spotted their booth at Fan Expo Canada 2015 (remember that Cartman vinyl we received from them?) , we decided to order a subscription to check it out (plus there was an expo discount so we spent a lot less than we would have ordering from home).

The Fiance and I were pretty much counting down the days to our first Loot Crate. We were anxious to see what it was (Loot's teaser images DID NOT help), and I was personally pretty skeptical we'd get things we'd like in our first box. For the most part, I was worried it wouldn't be worth what we paid for it.

*Pictured: Opening the crate and refolding the crate box to create a summoning tome.*



What we received in this month's crate: 
- Loot Crate Magazine 
- Monthly Loot Crate Button for "Summon" 
- Golden Buddha Homer - I've seen the original in stores and must say the golden version looks way better 
- Pikachu Hat - you too can be cute like Pikachu 
- An Impala Car Model from Supernatural - perfect for Supernatural fans 
- A Hearthstone Collectible Coin - nifty collectible 
- A Hearthstone Stress Ball - made of foam and a totally neat design idea 
- Master Summoner Mobile Game Code - this game uses augmented reality and your summon tome loot crate box to create a unique experience. 
- Hearthstone Card Pack - for fans of the game 
- Summoner Wars Card Game - for fans of the game


A CLOSER LOOK:


OVERALL:
I'm not disappointed! Glad to see our first crate was an even mix of what both the Fiance and I enjoy. While I absolutely loved the Pikachu Hat, Impala Model, and Golden Homer Buddha, the Fiance loved all the gamer items. We're both looking forward to getting our next crate! If you're interested in signing up for your own Loot Crate subscription, be sure to use our referral code.




(Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored by Loot Crate. We did not receive compensation or the crate free of charge for this recap.)

4 comments

  1. Nice mix of goodies there Wendy
    I've always wanted to sign up for Loot Crate but was worried they'd be a hit or miss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like what Bookish Willow said, I always worry I won't get what I like in the boxes. Nice haul though!

    And I just noticed you switched your logo! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loot crate if you dislike the them they have for a month you can cancel it and they will send you the crate for next month so you don't really need to take what they give when it comes to what theme you get :3

    ReplyDelete