waitingonwednesday

Waiting on Wednesday - The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson

Wednesday, September 16, 2015Cupcake Queen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


The Art of Being Normal
by Lisa Williamson
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Pages: 288
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: May 31st, 2016
The debut novel from an outstanding new voice in YA fiction, that is not only immensely readable and compelling but also deals with a very current issue.

Two boys. Two secrets. David Piper has always been an outsider. His parents think he's gay. The school bully thinks he's a freak. Only his two best friends know the real truth - David wants to be a girl. On the first day at his new school Leo Denton has one goal - to be invisible. Attracting the attention of the most beautiful girl in year 11 is definitely not part of that plan. When Leo stands up for David in a fight, an unlikely friendship forms. But things are about to get messy. Because at Eden Park School secrets have a funny habit of not staying secret for long ...
     

Why I'm Anticipating This Book:
I'm glad there's a book like The Art of Being Normal being put out into the world. It sounds wonderful and focuses on incredibly important topics. The world needs more LGBTQ titles and The Art of Being Normal is a title I'm absolutely highly anticipating! Be sure to add it to your Goodreads list.


What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Please feel free to share your WoW below and I'll be sure to stop by!

Happy reading,
Wendy (Cupcake Queen)

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I've been really wanting to read this one as well!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/waiting-on-wednesday-16th-september-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this one is new to me, but it looks absolutely amazing!! thank you so much for introducing me, I hope you end up loving it!!
    Here's my Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one before, but I definitely want to read it now. It looks like a great book with a great topic that really needs to be addressed more. Thanks for sharing! Thanks also for visiting Bookworm Book Reviews! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like an interesting take on such a current issue. Nice pick!

    My WoW @LazyBookLovers

    ReplyDelete
  5. More diverse books . I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form