waitingonwednesday

Waiting on Wednesday - Carry On by Rainbow Rowell & Lady Killer by Joëlle Jones

Wednesday, September 02, 2015Cupcake Queen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Carry On
by Rainbow Rowell
Publisher:St. Martin's Griffin
Pages: 384
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: October 6th, 2015
Rainbow Rowell continues to break boundaries with Carry On, an epic fantasy following the triumphs and heartaches of Simon and Baz from her beloved bestseller Fangirl.

Simon Snow just wants to relax and savor his last year at the Watford School of Magicks, but no one will let him. His girlfriend broke up with him, his best friend is a pest, and his mentor keeps trying to hide him away in the mountains where maybe he’ll be safe. Simon can’t even enjoy the fact that his roommate and longtime nemesis is missing, because he can’t stop worrying about the evil git. Plus there are ghosts. And vampires. And actual evil things trying to shut Simon down. When you’re the most powerful magician the world has ever known, you never get to relax and savor anything.

Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story — but far, far more monsters.
     

Why I'm Anticipating This Book:
Rainbow Rowell is phenomenal! Her books are amazing and Carry On is one I was hoping, nay, dreaming she would release! Fans of Rainbow's Fangirl will want to check Carry On out. If you haven't read Fangirl or any other titles by Rainbow, please do! It's a trip of feels you won't regret.

That time I met Rainbow Rowell:
A photo posted by Wendy (@caffelattequeen) on


Lady Killer
by Joëlle Jones
Publisher:Dark Horse Comics
Format: Paperback
Release Date: September 15th, 2015
Josie Schuller is a picture-perfect homemaker, wife, and mother—but she’s also a ruthless, efficient killer for hire! A brand-new original comedy series that combines the wholesome imagery of early 1960s domestic bliss with a tightening web of murder, paranoia, and cold-blooded survival.





Why I'm Anticipating This Book:
I've always had a difficult time finding a comic book that called to me, beckoning to be read. When I came across Lady Killer, I found the concept peculiar but I couldn't help being curious. A 1960's homemaker who also happens to be a killer for hire? Unusual, crazy, and 100% sold! It's a comic book I'll definitely keep a look out for next time I find myself at the comic shop.



What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Please feel free to share your WoW below and I'll be sure to stop by!

Happy reading,
Wendy (Cupcake Queen)

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Oh yes, I am waiting for Carry On as well. I really liked Fangirl and hope this is all I've been hoping it will be. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picks this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower!

    I am one of those weirdos that hasn't read anything by Rainbow Rowell yet - eep - although all of her books are on my TBR pile! This one sounds great, though... I will get around to reading her SOMEDAY I am sure!

    Check out what I'm waiting on this week, plus your chance to win a 2016 YA Pre-Order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. Lady Killer! I LOVE IT. I have to rec this at the end of the week -- it's just too good not to LMAO! Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/09/02/wow-you-too-can-have-a-body-like-this/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Fangirl...and two other books by Rowell: Attachments and Landline. So I am definitely curious to know more about Carry On.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “ALL THE STARS IN THE HEAVENS”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Rainbow Rowell!
    She's great! So excited for Carry On!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for Carry On! Ahh! Can't believe it comes out in a month.

    I'm not a big graphic novel/comic fan, but I love the cover for Lady Killers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Lady Killer but it sounds amazing. Good comic books can be hard to find.
    I can't wait for Carry On either because (1) Rainbow Rowell is amazing (2) Fangirl was amazing and (3) Simon and Baz!!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    :D

    My WoW: http://faithsbookspiration.blogspot.com/2015/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY CARRY ON! So glad to see lots of people looking forward to it as well. :)
    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My excitement for Carry On can barely be contained XD Rainbow Rowell is so amazing and Fangirl is one of my all time favorite books. I'm also looking forward to Never, Never because I love a good Peter Pan retelling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE graphic novels/comics, so Lady Killer sounds fantastic. I had no idea it even existed - thanks for sharing. I have Fangirl right now to read (long long time coming) but I'm sure I'll love it, so I'm already excited about Carry On.

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just starting to read graphic novels, and it sounds like Lady Killer is right up my alley! I, too, am eagerly awaiting a graphic novel in the series Saga!
    http://spinningjennysbookblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form