waitingonwednesday

Waiting on Wednesday - The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman and Mind Games by Jana Oliver

Wednesday, September 30, 2015Cupcake Queen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


The Dark Days Club
by Alison Goodman
Publisher: Viking Books for Young Readers
Pages: 486
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: January 26th, 2016
Add it to your Goodreads shelf
New York Times bestseller Alison Goodman’s eagerly awaited new project: a Regency adventure starring a stylish and intrepid demon-hunter!

London, April 1812. On the eve of eighteen-year-old Lady Helen Wrexhall’s presentation to the queen, one of her family’s housemaids disappears-and Helen is drawn into the shadows of Regency London. There, she meets Lord Carlston, one of the few who can stop the perpetrators: a cabal of demons infiltrating every level of society. Dare she ask for his help, when his reputation is almost as black as his lingering eyes? And will her intelligence and headstrong curiosity wind up leading them into a death trap?


Why I'm Anticipating This Book:
It's been a while since I've read a novel about a demon hunter....a long while. The last demon hunter series I read/fell in love with was The Demon Trappers series from Jana Oliver. It was fantastic and in my early blogging days I recommended the series to everyone I knew. As for The Dark Days Club - the setting, the characters, the entire synopsis sounds perfect and right up my alley. I'm highly anticipating it's release this January.



Mind Games (The Demon Trappers #5)
by Jana Oliver
Format: Ebook (not sure if this one will be in paperback)
Release Date: October 15th, 2015
Add it to your Goodreads shelf
Riley Blackthorne’s life as a Demon Trapper is about to hit the wall. Knowing she will always be a target for those who want to exploit her “connections” with Hell, she’s learning defensive magic. It seems the only way to ensure she and her fiancĂ©, Denver Beck, have a future together. But not everyone in Atlanta, or at the Vatican, is pleased by this news. In fact, some want to ban the use of all magic, and Riley would make the perfect scapegoat.

As a new demonic enemy stalks her, Guild politics roil the city, throwing the trappers into chaos. To protect herself and the man she loves, Riley will be forced to choose: continue in her legendary father’s footsteps, or carve her own path. A path that may well lead to her losing everything she so desperately seeks to protect.


Why I'm Anticipating This Book:
So I recently learned that there's a book 5 to my all-time favourite demon hunters series coming out next month. My reaction - "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Epic Muppet Flail OMG OMG OMG JANA I LOVE YOU!" If you haven't read this series yet, please please PLEASE make room for it on your read list.




What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Please feel free to share your WoW below and I'll be sure to stop by!



Happy reading,
Wendy (Cupcake Queen)

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Great pick! I'll definitely have to check it out.

    Arlene @ WinterHaven Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The synopsis for The Dark Days Club definitely speaks to me. The last series I read about demon hunters was The Infernal Devices, and that took place in 17th century London, too! Great choices1

    My WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea a fifth Demon Trappers was coming out! WOW! And yees, the Dark Days Club is on my TBR list - sounds sooo good!

    Check out what I'm waiting on this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both look promising...especially The Dark Days Club. Enjoy! Here's mine: “THE OPPOSITE OF EVERYONE”


    ReplyDelete
  6. I like covers of both the books and love the synopsis of The Dark Days Club! Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I say anything, your blog is so cute! Secondly, love both of your choices. I'm a new follower. :-)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Diayll @MotherGamerWriter

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Pick sounds interesting. Jana Oliver is one of those authors I have been meaning to pick up. My sister loves the series.

    Megan @ http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! Okay so I read the first couple Demon Trappers books (the first was my very first ARC and how I figured out what they were well before I blogged) but over the years with a growing list I haven't caught up but OMG finding out there is book 5 coming out means I so need to catch back up! So glad you posted about it so I could be in the know! What I'm waiting on

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the sound of both of the books, they are similar but due to the historical nature of The Dark Days Club, i'm guessing also very different reads. I've read the first book of the Demon Trappers series a couple of times and i keep swaying between really enjoying it and finding it meh, i haven't carried on with the series but i'm glad to see it's still going. I might have to try it again and see if i can really get into it.

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to look into both of these. I haven't read The Demon Trappers before, but I'll head on over to Goodreads to check it out. Great pick! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form