waitingonwednesday

Waiting on Wednesday - Vicarious by Paula Stokes and Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

Wednesday, September 09, 2015Cupcake Queen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Vicarious
by Paula Stokes
Publisher:Tor Teen
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: August 2016
Add it to your Goodreads shelf
Winter Kim and her sister, Rose, have always been inseparable. Together, the two of them survived growing up in a Korean orphanage and being trafficked into the United States.

Now they work as digital stunt girls for Rose’s ex-boyfriend, Gideon, engaging in dangerous and enticing activities while recording their neural impulses for his Vicarious Sensory Experiences, or ViSEs. Whether it’s bungee jumping, shark diving, or grinding up against celebrities at the city’s hottest dance clubs, Gideon can make it happen for you, for a price.

When Rose disappears and a ViSE recording of her murder is delivered to Gideon, Winter won’t rest until she finds her sister’s killer. But when the clues she uncovers conflict with the neural recordings her sister made, Winter isn’t sure what to believe. To find out what happened to Rose, she’ll have to untangle what’s real from what only seems real, risking her life in the process.
   


Why I'm Anticipating This Book:

Vicarious sounds excellent! It's categorized as a sci-fi title but the synopsis has a murder mystery spin to it. Also, based on the comments the author has left on Goodreads (you can read them here), it sounds like she took care to be mindful of her character's culture and did a lot of research while writing Vicarious. I look forward to reading Vicarious and checking out Paula's other titles. Don't forget to add it to your Goodreads to-read shelf.




Truthwitch
by Susan Dennard
Publisher:Tor Teen
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: January 5th, 2016
Add it to your Goodreads shelf
On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.

Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.

Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.

Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.
   


Why I'm Anticipating This Book:

There's been a lot of buzz for Truthwitch lately and I had to check this book out. Truthwitch sounds like the perfect read, with a promising action-packed synopsis about witches, and I hope will become a new favourite of mine. Sarah J. Maas has blurbed the title, calling it an "instant new classic", and because I absolutely adored her Throne of Glass series, I'm taking her word for it and can say that I'm highly anticipating the release of Truthwitch. Only a few more months to go!





What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Let me know in the comment section below and I'll be sure to check out your WoW pick!






Happy Reading,
Wendy (Cupcake Queen)






PS. Don't forget to check out my review on Queen of Shadows and enter to win a copy of a Sarah J. Maas title of your choice. Open International as long as you can receive from The Book Depository, and you do not need to be a blog follower in order to enter. For more details, click below.


You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. First yes I have Queen of Shadows and can't wait to dig in I have a few days off now to enjoy. Also I'm super excited for Truthwitch. I had the chance to hear Susan talk about her book and that's always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for Truthwitch! I really liked the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy so I'm hoping I'll enjoy this one next!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picks. These two look really good. My friends loved Truthwitch. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy! These both look promising...thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “SOMEWHERE OUT THERE”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truthwitch nice pick! Everyone is waiting for that book! And the synopsis of Vicarious sounds good!
    Here's My WoW
    PS: New Bloglovin' follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes on both of these, especially Truthwitch!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicarious sounds pretty cool. I haven't heard much about it. I'll check it out.
    I'm waiting for Truthwitch too, I'm really curious about Susan Dennard and this one sounds right up my alley. Let's hope is as great as Sarah J. Maas made it out to be!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these sound really, really good! I've seen Truthwitch beore, but never heard of Vicarious. I'm so glad you picked it, because I'm really interested in that one! I'm adding it to my TBR, thanks to you! Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting Bookworm Book Reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicarious sounds really good! Thanks for the heads up and stopping by my blog. Have a great week!

    Renee ~ My Wow Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes and YES!!! I already knew about Susan's next book and cannot wait to get my hands on it, but the other book by Paula sounds AWESOME too! Thanks for sharing. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been nominated for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award, from Laura@125Pages. Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! Definitely can't wait for more Paula Stokes and I've heard so many great things about Truthwitch! Hope enjoy both when they come out! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form