newadult

Review: Undaunted by Ronnie Douglas

Friday, October 09, 2015Cupcake Queen

Undaunted
by Ronnie Douglas
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Pages: 352
Format: Paperback, Ebook
Purchase: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
Being fearless has never looked so good . . .

Aubrey Evans needs to get her life back on track after her father is indicted for embezzlement. All she has to do to hightail it out of small-town Tennessee is save up money for college tuition and steer clear of hard-muscled boys on motorcycles. Yet there's no ignoring someone like Zion. A knight in black leather, Zion looks like every bad idea she's been told to avoid, but she can't resist him. Whenever she's in trouble, he's there. Appealing as his rough exterior may be, it's the protective, principled man beneath who tempts her like crazy.

Zion knows Aubrey doesn't intend to stick around. She claims to want only friendship, but he senses there's a naughty girl hiding on the inside—one whose intense desires match his own. For now, he'll be patient and play by her rules. But he knows it's just a matter of time before he weakens her resolve.

As they join forces to figure out who's behind a local crime spree, it's clear that the danger goes deeper than Aubrey guessed. And when she needs someone tall, dark, and undaunted to keep her safe, Zion intends to be there—now and always.
     

After binge watching Sons of Anarchy and adoring Katie McGarry's Nowhere but Here, I was desperate for another flirty and steamy biker read with a new kick-butt couple to fawn over. How happy was I when I came across Undaunted, the first in Ronnie Douglas' Knights in Black Leather series? Very happy, like a kid at Christmas waiting to open all those gifts happy. Furthermore, I was completely floored when I learned that Ronnie Douglas was actually NYT bestselling author Melissa Marr, who wrote the incredibly addicting Wicked Lovely series I fell for years ago. With that said, I knew she wouldn't disappoint!

"The scream of a house alarm woke me. Again."

Aubrey Evans needs her life to get back on track. After her father is indicted for embezzlement, Aubrey finds herself moving in with her grandmother in the middle of a town overrun by bikers. Desperate to get away from it all, Aubrey makes the last minute choice to go to the town fair, where one poor choice after the other leads her into the arms of Zion, a drop-dead gorgeous biker from the Wolves MC. Meeting him isn't supposed to change her plans of saving for tuition and getting far away from the small town, but when a crime spree spreads and falls right on Aubrey's front door, Zion isn't far behind.

I absolutely adored Zion and Aubrey! They were just the characters I needed after a long string of disappointing new adult reads. Their encounters were sweet, undauntingly sexy, and steamy - the perfect fluffy read. I couldn't wait to see where their story would go, and the intense action that all would expect from a title featuring a biker MC was utterly thrilling. Furthermore, although I enjoyed reading about the other characters in Undaunted, I continued to be curious about Echo and Maureen's past together. Although mentioned quite a bit throughout the title, it's never specified what exactly happened, although one can only assume whatever it was didn't end well.

With that said, I absolutely adored Undaunted by Ronnie Douglas. It was just the read I needed, and I'm highly anticipating the second installment in the Knights in Black Leather series "Unruly", a companion novel that follows the tale of Ellen and Alamo.



Rating: 
4 / 5 Cupcakes

This title was purchased by the blogger for their personal collection. No payment was received/accepted in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited without the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Melissa Marr? Really? That's news to me!
    Thank you for recommending Undaunted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I was so surprised! I found out while I was writing my review. I'm looking forward to the next book!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Wendy for sharing your thoughts on Undaunted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for new adult so thanks for reviewing Undaunted.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form