waitingonwednesday

Waiting on Wednesday - The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead

Wednesday, October 28, 2015Cupcake Queen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



THE GLITTERING COURT
by Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Format:Hardcover
Pages: 400
Release Date: April 12th, 2016
Pre-order: [Chapters/Indigo] [Amazon]
A dazzling new fantasy series set in a mix of Elizabethan and frontier worlds that’s dripping with romance from Richelle Mead, #1 internationally bestselling author of Vampire Academy.

Big and sweeping, spanning the refined palaces of Osfrid to the gold dust and untamed forests of Adoria, The Glittering Court tells the story of Adelaide, an Osfridian countess who poses as her servant to escape an arranged marriage and start a new life in Adoria, the New World. But to do that, she must join the Glittering Court.

Both a school and a business venture, the Glittering Court is designed to transform impoverished girls into upper-class ladies capable of arranging powerful and wealthy marriages in the New World. Adelaide naturally excels in her training and even makes a few friends: the fiery former laundress Tamsin and the beautiful Sirminican refugee Mira. She manages to keep her true identity hidden from all but one: the intriguing Cedric Thorn, son of the wealthy proprietor of the Glittering Court.

When Adelaide discovers that Cedric is hiding a dangerous secret of his own, together, they hatch a scheme to make the best of Adelaide’s deception. Complications soon arise—first, as they cross the treacherous seas from Osfrid to Adoria, and later, when Adelaide catches the attention of a powerful governor.

But no complication will prove quite as daunting as the potent attraction simmering between Adelaide and Cedric. An attraction that, if acted on, would scandalize the Glittering Court and make them both outcasts in wild, vastly uncharted lands. . . .
     



Why I'm Anticipating This Title:
I absolutely adore Richelle Mead's titles, so it's pretty much a given that I'm excited for The Glittering Court. Adelaide and Cedric sound like incredible characters and a possible new favourite duo for yours truly in the upcoming year. I look forward to seeing what Richelle Mead's latest will bring to the young adult fantasy sub-genre, and I'm eager to see how far this series spans (here's to a long and incredible series!)



What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Let me know what you're highly anticipated upcoming release is in the 
comment section below =D




Happy Reading,

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Excellent choice!
    I adore Richelle Mead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out about this the other day and it was instantly OMG OMG OMG I need this in my life. Great choice! What I'm Waiting On

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for this book! It sounds amazing.

    A nice WoW! Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I didn't even know about this! I loved Richelle's Vampire Academy series but even more so Bloodlines. Adrian & Sydney will forever be my babies. ♥ Very much looking forward to this! Thanks for sharing! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice today Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first time visiting your blog and I must take a minute to say that I think your blog header is divine! I also chose this as my WoW book. Richelle Mead can do no wrong on my book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm obsessed with everything that Richelle Mead writes, but this is the one that sounds like it might top them all! I absolutely cannot wait for it to come out!! I hope you enjoy it :)
    here's my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually haven't read Mead's previous series but I hear she's a great writer. Love this cover and blurb. Seems really interesting :)

    Happy Wednesday~

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Richelle Mead! I'd read anything she writes, even her grocery list, lol! I didn't know about this book! Thanks for sharing! I'm adding it to my TBR shelf NOW! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited about this one! I just read my first Mead book - Soundless - and liked it. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Wendy. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love the sound of this one. Richelle Mead is awesome. I'm adding this one to my wishlist.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form