waitingonwednesday

Waiting on Wednesday - The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh

Wednesday, October 07, 2015Cupcake Queen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


THE ROSE & THE DAGGER
(The Wrath & The Dawn #2)
by Renee Ahdieh
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Format: Hardcover, Ebook
Release Date: May 3rd, 2016
Add it to your Goodreads
The much anticipated sequel to the breathtaking The Wrath and the Dawn, lauded by Publishers Weekly as "a potent page-turner of intrigue and romance."

I am surrounded on all sides by a desert. A guest, in a prison of sand and sun. My family is here. And I do not know whom I can trust.

In a land on the brink of war, Shahrzad has been torn from the love of her husband Khalid, the Caliph of Khorasan. She once believed him a monster, but his secrets revealed a man tormented by guilt and a powerful curse—one that might keep them apart forever. Reunited with her family, who have taken refuge with enemies of Khalid, and Tariq, her childhood sweetheart, she should be happy. But Tariq now commands forces set on destroying Khalid's empire. Shahrzad is almost a prisoner caught between loyalties to people she loves. But she refuses to be a pawn and devises a plan.

While her father, Jahandar, continues to play with magical forces he doesn't yet understand, Shahrzad tries to uncover powers that may lie dormant within her. With the help of a tattered old carpet and a tempestuous but sage young man, Shahrzad will attempt to break the curse and reunite with her one true love.


Why I'm Anticipating This Book:
While I didn't quite fall head over heels in love with The Wrath & The Dawn, I must say I'm highly anticipating it's sequel. The 'A Thousand and One Nights' inspired predecessor intrigued me, and I'm quite curious as to what Renee Ahdieh has in store for readers. Have you read The Wrath & The Dawn? Thoughts?




What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Let me know in the comment section below!




ICYMI: GIVEAWAY
Click below to enter to win an October 2015 book release of your choice. One winner and open to everyone so long as The Book Depository ships directly to you. No need to be a blog follower to qualify. 





Happy Reading,

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I haven't read the first one but it sounds interesting
    Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked The Wrath and the Dawn so I am very excited for the sequel! I love the covers for this series!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/wednesday-catch-up-7th-september-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't tried The Wrath & The Dawn, but a few blogger friends I know loved it and, I must say, they got me quite curious . . . Hope you're going to really enjoy this one when the time comes!

    Thanks for sharing and here's my WoW! I'm also a new follower via Bloglovin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you on this one, and the cover is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first one, but the blurb sounds very enticing. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SECRET LANGUAGE OF SISTERS”

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly I still haven't read The Wrath & The Dawn because school has gotten in the way of reading, but it sounds like such a wonderful story! I know I'll get to the first book during break :) Great post!

    Here's my Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I still haven't read the first one, but I want to so badly! The cover on this one is just as beautiful as the first one was. I swear, I'm going to get to The Wrath and the Dawn soon. Great pick! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read The Wrath and the dawn I have heard so many people loved it.

    Megan @ reading away the days

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAYAYAYAY FOR THIS BOOK! I loved The Wrath and the Dawn and cannot WAIT to read this one. The cover is great! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a great week, Wendy. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form