cookbook

Review: The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook by Rosanna Pansino

Monday, November 02, 2015Cupcake Queen

The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook
Sweet Treats for the Geek in All of Us
by Rosanna Pansino
Publisher: Atria Books
Pages: 256
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: November 3rd, 2015
Purchase: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
The long-awaited first cookbook from the creator and host of the Internet’s most popular baking show, Nerdy Nummies: a collection of Rosanna Pansino’s all-time favorite geeky recipes as well as sensational new recipes exclusive to this book.

The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook is quirky, charming, and fun, featuring the recipes behind Rosanna Pansino’s celebrated, one-of-a-kind creations, as well as beautiful, mouthwatering photographs throughout. It is the perfect companion that you’ll turn to whenever you want to whip up a delicious treat and be entertained all at once. And best of all, these treats are as simple as they are fun to make! No need for costly tools or baking classes to create these marvelous delights yourself.

The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook combines two things Rosanna loves: geek culture and baking. Her fondness for video games, science fiction, math, comics, and lots of other things considered “nerdy” have inspired every recipe in this book. You’ll find the recipes for many beloved fan favorites from the show, such as Apple Pi Pie, the Chocolate Chip Smart Cookie, and Volcano Cake; as well as many new geeky recipes, such as Dinosaur Fossil Cake, Moon Phase Macarons, and the Periodic Table of Cupcakes. The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook showcases Rosanna’s most original and popular creations, and each recipe includes easy-to-follow photo instructions and a stunning shot of the finished treat in all its geeky glory: a delicious confection sure to please the geek in all of us!
     


Fans of Rosanna Pansino's informative and fun Youtube videos will absolutely love her first cookbook, The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook : Sweet Treats For The Geek In All Of Us.

I'm an amazing cook (yes, I'm praising myself) but I find myself to be a rather sub-par baker, particularly when it comes to cakes. The oven and I just aren't friends when I'm baking a cake, cookies, or anything else of the sort. When I discovered that Rosanna was releasing her very first cookbook filled with new delicious treats, I was thrilled! Being a longtime fan of her Youtube channel (you can check it out here) I was looking forward to having some geeky new recipes on hand.

Browsing through the cookbook, readers will be pleased to learn that Rosanna's recipes are divided into neat and geeky themes; Math & Science, Space, Fantasy & Sci-Fi, Gaming, Tech & Web, and Geeky Treats. Each theme features a variation of recipes for cake pops, macarons, cakes, cupcakes, and even a few beverages. Flipping through the book, I immediately zeroed in on the Emoticon Cookies (which can be found on page #200). Being a sub-par baker, I wanted to test out my skills on some fairly basic cookies with simple icing decor. The result - delicious vanilla almond cookies, covered in icing, and one book blogger donning a bat onesie (yes, it had wings). The cookies were absolutely delicious and fun to make - definitely something I can see myself making again. Besides the mouthwatering decadence of these cookies, the time I spent making/decorating them was ridiculously quick - very time efficient for someone looking to make a delicious treat under a time constraint.


Rosanna Pansino's The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook is a perfect buy for a fellow nerd looking to explore their sweet side. Filled with detailed recipes for cupcakes, cakes, cake pops, and more, readers will be happy to see that Rosanna has a recipe for every fandom.


Rating:
4 / 5 Cupcakes


This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accepted in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited without the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Katherine Pinacho.2 November 2015 at 10:21

    I enjoy all her videos, so it's a given I'm excited for her cookbook. Excellent go at the cookies, Wendy. I can't wait to see what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for introducing me to a new youtuber and a new cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew there was a reason I found your blog - we're kindred spirits! I hope my pre-order of Nerdy Nummies arrives soon so I can take a peek at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bat onesie is adorable (and the cookies look delicious).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about that photo of you is adorable. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form