newadult

Review: Surviving Ice by K.A. Tucker

Friday, November 13, 2015Cupcake Queen

Surviving Ice
by K.A. Tucker
Publisher:Atria Books
Pages: 352
Format: Paperback
Release Date: October 27th, 2015
Purchase: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
The USA TODAY bestselling author of the Ten Tiny Breaths series and Burying Water—which Kirkus Reviews called “a sexy, romantic, gangster-tinged page-turner”—returns with a new novel packed with romance, plot twists, and psychological suspense.

Ivy, a talented tattoo artist who spent the early part of her twenties on the move, is finally looking for a place to call home. She thinks she might have found it in San Francisco, but all that changes when she witnesses a terrible crime. She’s ready to pack up her things yet again, when a random encounter with a stranger keeps her in the city, giving her reason to stay after all.

That is, until Ivy discovers that their encounter wasn’t random. Not at all…
     


It will come at no shock to friends and fellow book lovers that I absolutely adore K.A. Tucker's titles to pieces. It started with Ten Tiny Breaths, and followed with her Casual Enchantment series, the rest of the Ten Tiny Breaths series, and her epicly thrilling Burying Water series. With the latest installment, I was excited to see how K.A. Tucker would conclude this series of seductively mysterious titles and I highly anticipated reading Ivy's tale.

"I dive for the old thirteen-inch tube monitor sitting on the desk and hit the Power button, desperate to get a glimpse of what's happening out front."

In this unique and thrilling conclusion to the Burying Water series, Surviving Ice tells the tale of Ivy Lee, a talented tattoo artist with a complex history. After finally settling in her uncle's tattoo shop in San Francisco, Ivy finds herself caught up in an intense altercation that leads to the murder of someone dear. Left with the unexpected decision to unload the shop on someone else and move on, Ivy doesn't expect to meet Sebastian, a mysterious stranger who's appearance may have something to do the murder.

"I snort into my coffee mug, my eyes still glued to the single text Sebastian sent me last night."

Surviving Ice was incredibly thrilling, captivating, and irresistibly sexy. As the final installment in the Burying Water series, K.A. Tucker did not disappoint when it came to characters Ivy and Sebastian. Ivy was the fierce, stunning, but utterly fragile character I had hoped she'd be, not to say that her being fragile made her weak. She was an exceptionally easy character to relate to and I thoroughly enjoyed reading her narrative. Although I'd had a difficult time imagining the perfect match for Ivy prior to reading Surviving Ice, I strongly felt that Sebastian was as complex and perfectly imperfect as Ivy was. Sebastian was an intense alpha male with an irresistible appeal - a perfect match for Surviving Ice's heroine.

Overall, Surviving Ice had just the right amount of romance and suspense, and left me overwhelmingly pleased with the conclusion to K.A. Tucker's Burying Water series. Readers looking for a sexy and mysterious new adult series are recommended to give this series a read. K.A. Tucker has yet to disappoint and I'm highly anticipating her next release "He Will Be My Ruin", a mystery thriller set to be released February 2016.



Rating:
4 / 5 Cupcakes

This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accepted in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited without the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I simply adore her books. She's the first author I read from new adult and I enjoyed every single one of her books. Now I'm looking forward to her next one. Hope to see a review here next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for always sharing your thoughts with us, Wendy. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivy and Sebastian were great!
    Just like you, I had a tough time figuring out if anyone would be a great match for her, but Seb was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never picked up any of her books
    However I'll be sure to look into her after your post (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series - wonderful review

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form