Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



The Forbidden Wish
by Jessica Khoury
Publisher: Razorbill
Format:Hardcover
Release Date:February 23rd, 2016
Pre-order: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
She is the most powerful Jinni of all. He is a boy from the streets. Their love will shake the world...

When Aladdin discovers Zahra's jinni lamp, Zahra is thrust back into a world she hasn't seen in hundreds of years -- a world where magic is forbidden and Zahra's very existence is illegal. She must disguise herself to stay alive, using ancient shape-shifting magic, until her new master has selected his three wishes.

But when the King of the Jinn offers Zahra a chance to be free of her lamp forever, she seizes the opportunity—only to discover she is falling in love with Aladdin. When saving herself means betraying him, Zahra must decide once and for all: is winning her freedom worth losing her heart?

As time unravels and her enemies close in, Zahra finds herself suspended between danger and desire in this dazzling retelling of Arabian Nights from acclaimed author Jessica Khoury.
     



Why I'm Anticipating This Title:
I absolutely adore fairytale retellings, and the upcoming Aladdin retelling from Jessica Khoury sounds wonderful! Also, besides the fact that I'm a total Disney fangirl, it comes out on my birthday! Anyone else pumped for The Forbidden Wish? Are there any retellings that you've enjoyed? Let me know!


What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Let me know what your highly anticipated upcoming release is in the 
comment section below =D





Happy Reading,

6 comments

  1. Katherine Pinacho25 November 2015 at 10:36

    IT COMES OUT ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?!
    HOW COOL IS THAT!!

    How amazing does this sound too?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! An Aladdin retelling.
    I saw the film as a kid and the broadway musical. Loved them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this week's choice, Wendy! I personally think this book is going to be fantastic. It looks a great re-telling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had my eye on this one too! It seems like the Aladdin retellings have been really hit or miss lately, so I'm waiting on some reviews before I pick this one up. I hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete