Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - Prodigy (The Graphic Novel) by Marie Lu

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



PRODIGY - The Graphic Novel
by Marie Lu, Leigh Dragoon, and Kaari
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Format:Paperback
Release Date: April 26th, 2016
Pre-order: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
The second book in the best-selling Legend trilogy comes to life in this vibrant graphic novel adaptation.

After escaping from the Republic's stronghold, Day and June are on the run in Vegas when the country learns that their Elector Primo has died and his son has stepped in to take his place. They meet up with the rebel stronghold of the Patriots—a large organization straddling the line between the Republic and its warring neighbor, the Colonies—and learn about an assassination plot against the Elector. Using threats and blackmail to get what he wants, the Patriots' leader, Razor, convinces June to let herself be captured by Republic soldiers so she can win over the Elector and feed him a decoy assassination plan. But when June realizes that the new Elector is nothing like his father, she must work with Day to try to stop the Patriots' plot before Razor can fulfill his own devastating plans.
     



Why I'm Anticipating This Title:
The Legend series by Marie Lu is absolutely fantastic and is one of my favourite all-time series. The characters are incredible and her writing is absolutely splendid. With that said, it's a given I'd want to own the novels in graphic format. After picking up and enjoying the first graphic novel, Legend, I'm highly anticipating Prodigy, which will feature a kick-ass story line and beautiful artwork.



What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Let me know what your highly anticipated upcoming release is in the 
comment section below =D





Happy Reading,

10 comments

  1. I adore the way Day looks!
    Thanks for sharing, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Yes please! I can't wait for this. I loved the series and the first graphic novel knowing when the next one is supposed to be there. What I'm Waiting On

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the Legend Series so I'll definitely have to check the graphic novels out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool! Been wanting to get into graphic novels so maybe I'll start with this one. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about these! Happy Wednesday Wendy and thanks for sharing with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know they made these into graphic novels! Cool!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read this author, but I've been noticing her books everywhere. A graphic novel is also outside my experience....but it all looks like fun. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “FIND HER”

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who I had no idea that Marie Lu had a graphic novel coming out! Great Pick.

    Happy Reading

    Here is my WoW pick

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I love the Legend book series! It's one of my favorites too. I haven't picked up the Legend graphic novel yet, but that's good to hear that you enjoyed it. I love graphic novels, so I should definitely pick it up soon.

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard so many great things about the Legend series and I feel like Im definitely going to have to pick it up soon. The artwork for the Graphic novels looks amazing and I love that you can experience the book in both formats.

    ReplyDelete