youngadult

Review: Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

Friday, December 18, 2015Cupcake Queen

Finding Audrey
by Sophie Kinsella
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pages: 288
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: June 9th, 2015
Purchase: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family.

     


“It won’t be forever. You’ll be in the dark for as long as it takes and then you’ll come out.”

Finding Audrey was unlike any other Sophie Kinsella title I've read before. As a big fan of her Shopaholic series, and also a lover of titles Wedding Bells, The Undomestic Goddess, I've Got Your Number and countless others, I was especially excited to read her latest after reading it's synopsis. As someone who suffers from anxiety (although despite being very in control of it) I was intrigued that her next protagonist/heroine would feature a struggle I could easily find relatable.

“Most people underestimate eyes. They're infinite. You look someone straight in the eye and your whole soul can be sucked out in a nanosecond. Other people's eyes are limitless and that's what scares me.”

Audrey was an excellent character - vulnerable and determined, and I found myself easily connecting with her, remembering times where I felt down, felt like the world and everything around me was coming apart. Reading from her perspective was, personally, terrifying but also a wonderful reminder of how far I've come from my own struggles with anxiety. Finding Audrey is, without a doubt, a powerful, inspiring, emotional, and incredibly brave read. Fans of Sophie Kinsella will absolutely adore this title to pieces. I look forward to recommending it!


Rating: 
4 / 5 Cupcakes



This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accept in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited with the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. It may be hard to believe but I've never read anything by Sophie before. This sounds like a good book to start, eh?
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Review Wendy
    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine Pinacho18 December 2015 at 10:53

    Finding Audrey brought the tears on for days! I thought it was an excellent book. So glad to see you reviewing it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review :)
    Sad to say I haven't had the opportunity or time to read Finding Audrey yet but I look forward to this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form