Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - And I Darken by Kiersten White

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



AND I DARKEN
by Kiersten White
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Format:Hardcover
Release Date:June 28th, 2016
Pre-order: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
NO ONE EXPECTS A PRINCESS TO BE BRUTAL. And Lada Dragwlya likes it that way. Ever since she and her gentle younger brother, Radu, were wrenched from their homeland of Wallachia and abandoned by their father to be raised in the Ottoman courts, Lada has known that being ruthless is the key to survival. She and Radu are doomed to act as pawns in a vicious game, an unseen sword hovering over their every move. For the lineage that makes them special also makes them targets.

Lada despises the Ottomans and bides her time, planning her vengeance for the day when she can return to Wallachia and claim her birthright. Radu longs only for a place where he feels safe. And when they meet Mehmed, the defiant and lonely son of the sultan, who’s expected to rule a nation, Radu feels that he’s made a true friend—and Lada wonders if she’s finally found someone worthy of her passion.

But Mehmed is heir to the very empire that Lada has sworn to fight against—and that Radu now considers home. Together, Lada, Radu, and Mehmed form a toxic triangle that strains the bonds of love and loyalty to the breaking point.
     




Why I'm Anticipating This Title:
I'm a big fan of Kiersten White's Paranormalcy series and I'm absolutely over the moon about the news of And I Darken. It's an exciting tale that's mildly based on the story of Vlad the Impaler (so Lada is pretty much a genderswapped Vlad aka Dracula in Kiersten's latest, which sounds amazing!) Bustle has an amazing interview with the author about the upcoming book, and you can check that out by clicking right here.



What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Let me know what your highly anticipated upcoming release is in the 
comment section below =D





Happy Reading,

11 comments

  1. Sounds interesting and I really like the cover. I hope you love it when you finally get it in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine Pinacho9 December 2015 at 10:24

    AND I DARKEN looks and sounds spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your great recs as always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Paranormalcy series was incredible
    Didn't know she had a new book coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cover! I have yet to read this author, but this one does sound captivating. Enjoy! Here's mine: “MOST WANTED”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I'm so excited for this one! I loved White's Paranormalcy series too and this one sounds good. I love the cover a lot too!

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have chatted with Kiersten on Twitter and she is so nice! I knew she had a book coming out and I am interested to see how this latest adventure she has written turns out.

    My WOW .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Paranormalcy and I have Supernaturally sitting on my shelf but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I like the blurb of this book and I'm looking forward to this Mehmed x Radu brotp than the actual romance, lol because I think we lack platonic bromance in YA.

    Here's my WoW
    Chel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to check out Kiersten White. This one sounds really interesting! The princess sounds badass, haha. Thanks for highlighting this!

    Here's my WOW (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS BOOK! I love the time period around Vlad the Impaler. Also I thought White's Paranormalcy series was okay, and I really enjoyed The Chaos of Stars and Illusions of Fate. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Wendy. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete