waitingonwednesday

Waiting on Wednesday - The Darkest Magic by Morgan Rhodes

Wednesday, December 16, 2015Cupcake Queen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



THE DARKEST MAGIC
by Morgan Rhodes
Publisher: Razorbill
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: June 28th, 2016
Pre-order: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
In the second installment of New York Times bestselling author Morgan Rhodes's highly acclaimed Falling Kingdoms spin-off series, danger looms and the mystery deepens as two warring evils vie for possession of one elusive, powerful book.

Modern-day Toronto: Sisters Crystal and Becca Hatcher are reunited after reclaiming the Bronze Codex and narrowly escaping death. They have no one to trust but each other, and the only thing keeping them safe is the book that sent Becca's spirit to Ancient Mytica--the same book that their enemies would kill them for.

Ancient Mytica: Maddox grapples to keep his newly discovered powers under control, while the ruthless goddess Valoria hunts him down.

Modern-day Toronto: Farrell embraces his dark side as he unwittingly falls further under the spell of Markus, the mastermind leader of the nefarious Hawkspear Society, who will stop at nothing to find Crys and Becca--and the remarkable book in their possession.

New York Times bestselling author Morgan Rhodes takes readers into exhilarating new high-fantasy territory with volume two of the Book of Spirits and Thieves series, an epic contemporary saga perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas and Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander.
     



Why I'm Anticipating This Title:
The first title in the series, A Book of Spirits and Thieves, was absolutely thrilling! When the announcement for ABOSAT was made, I was excited to learn that it would begin in Toronto (where I was born, raised, and still continue to live). Morgan Rhodes is a phenomenal author, and with the upcoming release of book two, The Darkest Magic, I can't wait to see what adventures my favourite characters will take me. Have you read A Book of Spirits and Thieves?


Throwback to the ABOSAT launch in Toronto!



What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Let me know what your highly anticipated upcoming release is in the comment section below =D





Happy Reading,

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I have yet to read a book by Morgan Rhodes, but I think I really should since there are a lot of praises for her novels. I actually just recently bought Falling Kingdoms and I can't wait to read it!

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    GIVEAWAY: Hardcover of Faking Normal by Courtney Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I haven't tried any books by her yet. They have cool covers. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually can't wait to start this series, and finish her other series. That cover is the business!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this one this week too. Although I haven't read The Fallen Kingdoms series, I did read A Book of Spirits and Thieves and loved it so I can't wait to get my hands on this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this a spin off series of her Falling Kindoms series? If so, I still need to start the original. Great pick! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy @ A Cupcake and a Latte18 December 2015 at 11:00

      Yes, it is =D

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure if my orginal comment went through... Is this a spin off of The Fallen Kingdoms? I still haven't read that one so I feel like I should wait on this series. My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this sounds like a great book. Now it is added to my wishlist :) Great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Falling Kingdoms a year and a half ago and haven't picked the series up again for some reason! It was such a good book but I let things slip through my fingers. Now I have another book to add to the pile, great choice! Awesome blog, btw! -new follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cover is so great! My favorite of the series for sure. You know, I've not read a single book by this author (under any of her various pen names)! I love fantasy and I've heard great things about this series, so I want to change that. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Wendy. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know Falling Kingdoms has a spin-off! I haven't even read it yet but I have the kindle version.

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form