Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Waiting on Wednesday - Shades of Darkness by A.R. Kahler

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



SHADES OF DARKNESS
by A.R. Kahler
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: March 8th, 2016
Pre-order: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
American Gods meets The Secret History in this suspenseful start to a brand-new fantasy trilogy about a girl named Kaira Winters, the murders that keep happening at her artsy boarding school, and the lengths she must go to in order to protect the people she loves.

When Kaira Winters decided to go to Islington—a boarding school deep in the woods of Michigan—she thought she could finally get away from everything she has tried so hard to forget, including some things from her past that she refuses to believe ever actually happened.

Everything seemed great until the bodies of murdered students started appearing all over campus. The victims seem to have been killed in some sort of ritual sacrifice. And even worse, Kaira’s dreams are giving her clues to the killer’s identity.

Though she tries to resist, Kaira quickly realizes that she is the only one who can stop the violence, but to do so she must come to terms with her past. She’s going to have to listen to the voice that is buried deep within her…the one that claims to have unimaginable power…the one that claims to be an actual goddess.

But even if Kaira can harness the power within her, will it be enough to stop the darkness that has fallen over her school? And if it is strong enough, then what’s to stop the goddess from wreaking her own havoc once she’s released?

Filled with murder, mystery, and a little bit of magic, this fresh genre-bending novel is a thrilling page-turner you won’t be able to put down until the very last page.
 



Why I'm Anticipating This Title:

So A.R. Kahler's Shades of Darkness sounds A-MAZ-ING! A thriller with a twist of the paranormal and mythological? Yes, please! Sign me up!


What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Let me know what your highly anticipated upcoming release is in the comment section below =D





Happy Reading,

12 comments

  1. YES!! This is on my most anticipated release for 2016!! I can't wait to read this :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just adding this book to my tbr list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I can't wait to read this one as well.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This is also on my wishlist and I absolutely love that cover! Hope you get to read it soon :)

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Wendy, I have never heard of this book but the cover is SO BEAUTIFUL. Thank you for sharing it with us today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good! I'm adding it to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just added it to my goodreads (there's a giveaway for this!!), and it definitely sounds interesting!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/wishlist-winning-wednesday-3-glass-theme.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for putting this book on my radar. I really didn't know what it was about until now.

    Great pick!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great! I hadn't heard of it yet! Great share. It went right on my TBR! Thanks. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you sold me on this one. Great choice and thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete