Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Waiting on Wednesday - A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



A STUDY IN CHARLOTTE
by Brittany Cavallaro
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: March 1st, 2016
Pre-order: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
The last thing sixteen-year-old Jamie Watson–writer and great-great-grandson of the John Watson–wants is a rugby scholarship to Sherringford, a Connecticut prep school just an hour away from his estranged father. But that’s not the only complication: Sherringford is also home to Charlotte Holmes, the famous detective’s enigmatic, fiercely independent great-great-granddaughter, who’s inherited not just his genius but also his vices, volatile temperament, and expertly hidden vulnerability. Charlotte has been the object of his fascination for as long as he can remember–but from the moment they meet, there’s a tense energy between them, and they seem more destined to be rivals than anything else.

Then a Sherringford student dies under suspicious circumstances ripped straight from the most terrifying of the Holmes stories, and Jamie and Charlotte become the prime suspects. Convinced they’re being framed, they must race against the police to conduct their own investigation. As danger mounts, it becomes clear that nowhere is safe and the only people they can trust are each other.

Equal parts tender, thrilling, and hilarious, A Study in Charlotte is the first in a trilogy brimming with wit and edge-of-the-seat suspense
 



Why I'm Anticipating This Title:
Everything about A STUDY IN CHARLOTTE sounds wonderful! It's a Watson-Holmes retelling of sorts with fresh new characters, a thrilling mystery, and more. Early reviews are very positive and I'm so looking forward to picking up a copy of my own. I'm so excited for March 1st!



What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Let me know what your highly anticipated upcoming release is in the comment section below =D





Happy Reading,

13 comments

  1. Mine is a fantasy book. Yours sounds like an intriguing mystery. I can see why you like it. WOW .

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I want this book NOW. Great choice and one of my previous Wows. My WoW features a series that's been ongoing for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the mystery part. I might have to give this one a shot when it's released.

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never get enough of holmes and watson! love the choice! here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/01/06/wow-brilliance-saga-ends-sobs/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Love a good "retelling." Thanks for sharing!

    Keely @ The Ink Blot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh definitely! I already have this on my TBR list and can't wait to get my hands on a copy once it's out! SO EXCITED!!! Awesome choice! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is on my radar too! It sounds awesome, doesn't it? Great pick! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I am obsessed with Sherlock Holmes and I'm actually reading this one right now. I'm about halfway done and so far I'm loving it! I hope you enjoy it as well!

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so pumped for this one too! It sounds so unique & I absolutely love the cover. Also, I adore your blog design! :D
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for this one either! And nice pick, especially on Sherlock Holmes' birthday!

    My WoW @ LazyBookLovers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reason why you like it.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited for this one too!! I love retellings/new takes on established genres. Now we need a young Agatha Christie/ Miss Marple something to happen...
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. DID SOMEONE SAY SHERLOCK RETELLING? Because in that case, I'm already so there. So, so there.

    ReplyDelete