youngadult

Review: The Love That Split The World by Emily Henry

Monday, February 22, 2016Cupcake Queen

The Love That Split The World
by Emily Henry
Publisher: Razorbill
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 396
Release Date: January 26th, 2016
Purchase: [Chapters/Indigo] [Amazon]
Natalie Cleary must risk her future and leap blindly into a vast unknown for the chance to build a new world with the boy she loves.

Natalie’s last summer in her small Kentucky hometown is off to a magical start... until she starts seeing the “wrong things.” They’re just momentary glimpses at first—her front door is red instead of its usual green, there’s a pre-school where the garden store should be. But then her whole town disappears for hours, fading away into rolling hills and grazing buffalo, and Nat knows something isn’t right.

That’s when she gets a visit from the kind but mysterious apparition she calls “Grandmother,” who tells her: “You have three months to save him.” The next night, under the stadium lights of the high school football field, she meets a beautiful boy named Beau, and it’s as if time just stops and nothing exists. Nothing, except Natalie and Beau.
     


“Sometimes the most beautiful moments in our lives are things that hurt badly at the time. We only see them for what they really were when we stand at the very end and look back.”

The Love That Split The World was beautiful, mesmerizing, and everything I hoped for. It was time-transcending and utterly captivated me from one instance to the next. Emily Henry's Natalie Cleary was a phenomenal character and the tale she spun was wonderfully written and exactly what I expected from this highly praised debut. Even so, despite having a few issues with pacing (I strongly felt like this almost 400 page title moved far too quickly), I was wholesomely satisfied.

“Love is giving the world away, and being loved is having the whole world to give.”

Pitched as a debut novel that is a mix of Friday Night Lights and The Time Traveler's Wife, The Love That Split The World was a novel that transcended genre stereotyping and was an absolute pleasure to read. I highly recommend it!

Rating: 
4.5 / 5 Cupcakes


This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accept in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited with the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I've heard and read mixed thoughts and reviews on The Love that split the world. Interesting to read you felt so highly about it. I'll keep your points in mind. Happy Early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review Wendy
    I remember seeing this book on everyone's blog. That was a lot of hype!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh i just read it's your birthday. Happy Birthday!

      Delete
  4. This book sounds like a lovely read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy these shorter reviews! You get straight to the point and made me so so so so so excited for this book. Hope you have a wonderful birthday Cupcake Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you completely, Wendy. This book was very captivating and certainly transcended genres.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh, this sounds like sth I'd like. I love The Time Traveler's Wife. One of my favorite books of all time, if not favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been hearing everyone fall in love with this book and its beautiful cover, but I am so happy to know that the contents are just as great. I love time travel - coming from someone who is a huge Whovian - so I think this one will definitely appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form