event

Recap: Indigo Teen Summer Preview Event

Thursday, March 17, 2016Cupcake Queen


On Wednesday March 16th, 2016 I was invited by INDIGO (https://www.chapters.indigo.ca) to attend an exclusive teen summer books preview event located at their head offices.  Upon arrival, we were greeted with food, refreshments, and swag placed upon our seats (which included an @HCCFrenzy button, a Crown by Kiera Cass button, as well as a Scholastic tote bag and a Simon & Schuster notebook).

After taking our seats, each one of our lovely hosts took turns introducing themselves before moving onto this year's highly anticipated summer teen releases. In the discussions and previews, all teen titles of every sub-genre were introduced. These titles included The Unexpected Everything, The Outliers, Lifeboat Clique, and more for the John Green effect (which opened up to a wonderful discussion among attendees), and spanned to titles like If I Was Your Girl, Being Jazz and Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. There was also quite a bit of love for E.K. Johnstons Exit, Pursued by a Bear!

In between the event we took a quick 5 minute break and enjoyed the fun photo booth and delicious goodies on display, and then quickly hopped right back into discussion with "Retellings: the original fanfiction?" and "Epic Court Drama". Personally, I'm a major fan of fairytale retellings. It's always wonderful to see a new spin on an old tale, and I'm always curious to see what an author will take liberties with. After our long (and fun) discussion on retellings, the event concluded with attendees stampeding towards a long table filled with ARCs of this year's highly anticipated titles. Personally, I've never been a fan of first-grab tables, primarily since a lot of people tend to grab one copy of each book, despite limited quantities, leaving nothing behind for others, however luckily I had Michele @ Just a lil' Lost to help me snag my highly anticipated titles! *hugs*

My list of highly anticipated teen titles:
The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
Sing by Vivi Greene
Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks
Being Jazz by  Jazz Jennings
And I Darken by Kiersten White
Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes
Unrivaled by Alyson Noel
The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
Surviving High School by Lele Pons and Melissa de la Cruz
The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight



A peek at my haul:
Thank you so much to the hardworking team of Indigo Teen (#TeamTeen for the win) for inviting me to attend! The preview event was absolutely fun and I look forward to more like it in the future! 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. WOW! Sounds like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited for And I Darken.
    It's probably one of the books in your haul I'm most jealous about.
    Let me know how it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recap, Cupcake Queen! I wish we had book events like this more often, they all look super fun!

    Out of all the books you mention, I like the Jazz one, Sing, and And I Darken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, you look positively beautiful in your photo at the event. Thank you for always keeping us in the loop on upcoming books, as well. Very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome recap! I had a lot of fun at the event and I agree with your statement about the first-grab tables, especially since there was a disproportionate amount of each of the books. It was great to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form