youngadult

Review: No Love Allowed by Kate Evangelista

Monday, April 18, 2016Cupcake Queen



No Love Allowed
by Kate Evangelista
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Format: Paperback
Pages: 256
Release Date: April 19th, 2016
Purchase: [Chapters/Indigo] [Amazon]
It's all fun and parties until someone falls in love in this modern fairy tale from author Kate Evangelista.

Caleb desperately needs a fake girlfriend. Either he attends a series of parties for his father’s law firm with a pretty girl on his arm, or he gets shipped off to Yale to start a future he’s not ready for and isn’t sure he wants. And sadly, the last unattached girl in his social circle has just made the grievous mistake of falling in love with him. Fortunately, Didi, recently fired waitress and aspiring painter, is open to new experiences. As the summer ticks by in a whirl of lavish parties, there’s only one rule: They must not fall in love!
     


Sadly, Cupcakes, it's been a while since I've read a young adult contemporary romance title that features two fascinating and relatable characters , so when Raincoast Books brought this book to my attention, I couldn't wait to devour it. I love books that transcend genres and worlds just as much as the next reader, but every now and then I enjoy a light fluffy read about young love.

"For the briefest instant, as he whispered her name against her mouth, and she whispered his back, she caught a glimpse of the future."

In No Love Allowed, what was supposed to be a short-lived false romance leads to so much more. As I mentioned before, it's been a little while since I've read a light and fluffy (and even beachy) read, so it's understandable that I breezed through Kate Evangelista's latest and completed it overnight. I was immediately hooked to Caleb and Didi's moments throughout the title, and I felt immensely attached to this duo. Chemistry-wise, they were an excellent match and have easily become one of my favorite contemporary couples. Furthermore, I cannot stress enough how addictive No Love Allowed truly was! I didn't stay up all night on purpose. Kate Evangelista's swoon-worthy moments between Caleb and Didi had me gripping it's pages tightly, begging for a happily ever after.

Readers who enjoy swoon-worthy male leads, artistic and strong heroines, are highly recommended No Love Allowed by Kate Evangelista.  Be prepared to spend every waking moment to read it from beginning to end. It's a one sitting must-read!



Rating: 
4 / 5 Cupcakes


This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accept in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited with the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Can't wait for this book
    so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm positively thrilled to see you enjoyed No Love Allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful review, Wendy! I love light and fluffy reads, as well. I'm looking forward to picking this one up when it comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! IT COMES OUT TOMORROW! Thanks for reminding me with this review. I always do a heck of a lot of book buying and forget books all the time. This one missed my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Love Allowed sounds wonderful.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form