youngadult

Review: When We Collided by Emery Lord

Monday, April 04, 2016Cupcake Queen

When We Collided
by Emery Lord
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Format: Hardcover
Pages:352
Release Date: April 5th, 2016
Purchase: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
We are seventeen and shattered and still dancing. We have messy, throbbing hearts, and we are stronger than anyone could ever know…

Jonah never thought a girl like Vivi would come along.

Vivi didn’t know Jonah would light up her world.

Neither of them expected a summer like this…a summer that would rewrite their futures.

In an unflinching story about new love, old wounds, and forces beyond our control, two teens find that when you collide with the right person at just the right time, it will change you forever.
 


When We Collided by Emery Lord was my most anticipated April 2016 bookish release. It's synopsis sang to me, depicting a realistic and heart throbbing tale about a teen with bipolar disorder and another with an imperfect life. With that said, this was one title I absolutely had to approach the publisher about reviewing. I knew it would bring up new emotions for me, and I absolutely could not wait to dive into Vivi and Jonah's tale.

"I knew I was in love with Verona Cove on the first day, but I waited until the seventh day to commit."

Although having never read any of Emery Lord's previous titles, I instantly settled into her unique way with Jonah and Vivi's narrative voices. Despite conflicting tones, I felt they worked perfectly together, depicting a realism to their personal struggles, whether it be from an uncontrollable chain of despairing events, or understanding the inner turmoil of a fellow human being. Vivi's narrative, however, struck me harder than Jonah's. Her perspective on depression and her views on life in general singed me, and moved me beyond anything I imagined.

When We Collided by Emery Lord is a book well-worth it's hype. It's a touching and emotional story about two humans who find each other in the unlikeliest of ways.



Rating: 
4.5 / 5 Cupcakes


This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accept in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited with the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm positively thrilled to hear you enjoyed this! I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree in regards to the hype, there was a lot. Wonderful to see that it's worth every bit of it. Wonderful review, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookish Willow4 April 2016 at 10:59

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding to my tbr list!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form