waitingonwednesday

Waiting on Wednesday - Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Wednesday, April 20, 2016Cupcake Queen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



CARAVAL
by Stephanie Garber
Publisher: Flatiron Books
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: January 10th, 2017
Before you enter the world of Caraval, you must remember that it’s all a game . . .

Scarlett has never left the tiny island where she and her beloved sister, Tella, live with their ruthless father. Now Scarlett’s father has arranged a marriage for her, and Scarlett thinks her dreams of seeing Caraval, the legendary, once-a-year performance where the audience participates in the show, are over.

Then, Scarlett’s long-dreamt of invitation to Caraval finally arrives. So, Tella enlists a mysterious sailor’s help to whisk Scarlett away to this year’s show. But as soon as the trio arrives, Tella is kidnapped by Caraval’s mastermind organizer, Legend.

Scarlett has been told that everything that happens during Caraval is only an elaborate performance. But she nonetheless soon becomes enmeshed in a game of love, heartbreak, and magic with her sister, with Legend, and with the other players in the game. And whether Caraval is real or not, she must find Tella before the five nights of the game are over, a dangerous domino effect of consequences is set off, and her sister disappears forever.
 Add it to Goodreads




Why I'm Anticipating This Title:

I've been fascinated by the synopsis of Caraval since I first came across the title on Goodreads. Wowza! This upcoming YA fantasy from Stephanie Garber sounds phenomenal! I can't wait for January 2017 (cries about the release date but knows it's going to be oh-so worth the wait). I simply adore fantasy titles, and one with a unique spin and a hinted mystery is a sure-thing for yours truly!



What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Let me know what your highly anticipated upcoming release is in the comment section below =D





Don't forget to check out this month's Fresh on the Shelf. Catch up on April 2016's latest releases AND win a copy of your own! Giveaway is open to everyone.



Happy Reading,

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Carval sounds like a truly fresh and fantastic read. I really like how it starts off saying that everything that happens will be a game and then leaves you to figure out the rest. I have never heard of this book...but I am sure I will start seeing this beautiful cover more and more!

    My WoW:
    http://epiloguereview.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha what I coincidence, I'm featuring this one as well this week !! Great choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun fantasy. Thanks for putting it on my radar!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks incredible!!! I hadn't heard of it before, but that cover is amazing, and the synopsis just blew me away. I hope you end up enjoying this one, thanks for sharing :)
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this somewhere else this week but I can't remember where. I really like the cover and the premise sounds good as well so I may give it a go. Thanks for sharing it and I sure do hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy it! It does look delightful and fun. Here's mine: “THE BEAUTY OF THE END”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I am SO excited for Caraval!! Isn't that cover beautiful? Great choice and I hope you enjoy :) Here's my Wow!

    Lillie @Little Lillie Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great read! I've never heard of Caraval before, but now I know and will definitely be interested in reading this one. Good choice! Here is my WOW:)

    http://theskareader.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-neverland-wars_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! That looks like an incredible cover and read~ just gorgeous.

    my post: https://bookishsya.wordpress.com/2016/04/20/waiting-on-wednesday-7/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book seems great. Nice pick

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form