youngadult

Review: Dream On by Kerstin Gier

Friday, May 27, 2016Cupcake Queen



Dream On
By Kerstin Gier
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 336
Release Date: May 3rd, 2016
Purchase: [Chapters/Indigo] [Amazon]
Things seem to be going well for Liv Silver: she’s adjusting to her new home in London; she has a burgeoning romance with Henry Harper, one of the cutest boys in school; and the girl who’s been turning her dreams into nightmares, Anabel, is now locked up. But serenity doesn’t last for long.

It seems that Liv’s troubles are far from over—in fact, suddenly they’re piling up. School gossip blogger Secrecy knows all of Liv’s most intimate secrets, Henry might be hiding something from her, and at night Liv senses a dark presence following her through the corridors of the dream world. Does someone have a score to settle with Liv?
     


I've been a huge fan of Kerstin Gier since the release of the English translation for Ruby Red. That series was one of the first to solidify my love for time travel in the young adult genre. Gwyneth Shepherd was relatable, fierce, and intuitive, and was in my opinion one of the very few female leads I've grown to love. With the release of Dream a Little Dream, I was ecstatic! A brand new series from an author I adored, and this time featuring an equally incredible female lead just like Gwyneth!

"I was left alone with my green door on an enormous Union Jack flag, staring frustrated at the void."

Dream On takes place right after the events of Dream a little Dream. Liv's tormentor, Anabel, is finally locked up and Liv finally feels like she'll be able to return to her norm. Unfortunately, the calm doesn't last very long when drama in school is riled up and she begins to lose trust in those closest to her. Dream On was, in my opinion, far more enticing than it's predecessor. Don't get me wrong, Dream a Little Dream was every bit as thrilling as I had hoped, however there wasn't as much development in respect to Liv's true character as there was in Dream On. In fact, the dream world itself is expanded in new and interesting ways that irrevocably captivated me from beginning to end. Wholeheartedly, I am shaking with anticipation for the English translation for book 3 to hit the shelves. I'm eager for so much more!

"The only certainty was that I was going to need an enormous amount of coffee again."

Young adults with a passion for fantasy and romance will most definitely fall in love with the latest installment in the Silver trilogy.



Rating: 
4.5 / 5 Cupcakes



This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accept in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited with the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Bookish Willow27 May 2016 at 10:08

    I'd heard of the Ruby Red series but not this one. I didn't even realize they were english translations until you mentioned it. Will be checking this series out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Dream a Little Dream, so I'm interested to finally pick up Dream On. Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good - thanks for reviewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Ruby Red books so much. I even watched the two movies that are out per your recommendation and loved them too. Will be giving this series a try as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her Ruby Red trilogy was also one of the first YA books I read! I enjoyed them very much so I'm definitely looking forward to picking up this new series of hers :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form