booktag

Pokemon Go Book Tag - I Choose YOU!

Thursday, August 04, 2016Cupcake Queen


Thank you to Michelle Lynne for tagging me on this very fun post! You can check out her's by clicking this linky right over here.

Pokemon Go - my latest obsession! Though, let's be honest, it'll never trump my obsession with books and cupcakes (and coffee, and pink things, and Disney....) However, with that said, it's certainly become a part of my life. I find myself reaching over to my phone often to swipe at a Pokestop, to hatch an egg, or to catch that one elusive Pokemon I need to evolve my next one - it's highly addictive. So it's a given I'd be more than happy to participate in a Bookish/Pokemon Go mashup post to share some of my favourite or anticipated titles.

Rules:
NIL. Link back to Aentee’s blog is appreciated but optional. Feel free to use her graphics. Tag people, don’t tag people, whatever. Just have fun!

Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps #1) by R.L. Stine

I know, certainly an odd choice as my first EVER book of choice, though I had picked up several before (Sesame books, even books about sea creatures), however this one was the first I actually ever chose myself. It was intense, creepy, and absolutely perfect! It started my life-long love for reading anything by R.L. Stine and started my bookish obsession at a very, very young age.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

I was pretty deep into the lore of Lord of the Rings as a child, and when I stepped into the world of a young Bilbo Baggins and his adventures, I was hooked! The Hobbit is easily one of my all-time favourite classics!

 Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

This book is a mess! To be fair, I read it before it was picked up by Random House and before it was ever optioned for film. I thought it was a mess before, but after the media started pouncing all over the book, and technically glorifying emotional abuse, I just wished it would disappear. So yes, fair to say I lost all interest in this book.


 Half-blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

I mean this comparison is no offense, they are both actually two of my favourite books (and series). In fact, Half-blood is the reason why I'm such a HUGE Jennifer L. Armentrout fan, however I did notice a few tropes that were similar between the two series. Still, both titles are positively fantastic!


Under the Dome by Stephen King

Big fat NOPE! Nuh-uh! The sheer size of this book TERRIFIES me (though I have read bigger). I feel that not only the size, but also the fact that it's sci-fi (and I'm known for not always loving sci-fi titles) is what is keeping me away from ever picking it up.

 Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Not the creepiest book I've read, but it is the only one that's every inspired a creepy nightmare from happening. The nightmare centered around that one attic scene, and I thought I'd never sleep again! EEP!

 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child b J.K Rowling

*Spoiler Alert*  

Let's be honest here....I started shipping Rose/Scorpius immediately after the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. So when Cursed Child was released, I flipped! I think Scorpius is adorable (don't judge me) and this duo is my definite OTP!

 The Regulars by Georgia Clark

This book was AMAZING! It was incredibly fast paced, hilarious, well-written, and sexy. Although I haven't shared my review on this title YET (expect it in a couple of days here on A Cupcake and a Latte), I can assure you it was a fantastic contemporary novel!

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

I know, I SHOULD be sick of anything by Cassandra Clare, but I'm not....but I should be! AHH! A conundrum, I know. I just adore the world of Shadowhunters and fabulous Warlocks like Magnus Bane. I can't let this world go, like C.C can't, and I'm positively excited for the upcoming adult spin-off series about Magnus Bane!

 Across the Universe series by Beth Revis

Like I mentioned, me and sci-fi anything don't get along, but I was shocked to discover that this series was right up my alley. It was intense, very well-written, and kept my attention. Highly recommended!

The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta

I've had Finnikin of the Rock on my bookshelf for the LONGEST time but I've yet to pick it up. I'm looking forward to finally diving into this beloved and highly hyped series!


 The Slytherin themed box set of the Harry Potter series! Michelle posted about the Ravenclaw editions and I remembered that this set was on my Christmas wishlist! Time to add it again *wink wink*

 Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerhill

A highly hyped upcoming YA title, it's set to release by the end of this year. I love seeing all the positive reviews showing up for this one, and with each five star review, I shake with anticipation on picking it up!

I have COUNTLESS auto-buy authors, so it' would be tough to remember to list all of them, but generally my auto-buy list consists of Jennifer L. Armentrout, Abbi Glines, Jamie McGuire, Katie McGarry, Diana Gabaldon, and more.


The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid

When Simon & Schuster Canada first pitched this title, I was instantly sold! It's described as an intense space-opera with action, suspense, and an incredible plot. Good thing the waiting has lessened as I now have an advance copy in my possession!




I Choose (to tag) You:
YOU! Feel free to post your own!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really enjoy reading these Pokemon Go book tags in the bookish community (even if I haven't ever played Pokemon Go :P ) Also yay for a Goosebumps book that got you into reading!! They were my go-to books in primary school for me and my siblings and we always loved picking up a new one from our school library!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ya another Pokemon Go book tag! I'm really loving reading everyone's choices for these and it's introduced me to some new books along the way - your list included! I just googled some of your auto-buy authors and the new YA book Ever The Hunted which sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form