event recap

Recap: The 5th Annual Frenzy Presents

Wednesday, August 24, 2016Cupcake Queen


On Sunday August 21st, myself and other fellow book bloggers were invited by the team of HarperCollins Canada to attend the 5th Annual Frenzy Presents event. I was thrilled to be attending, especially since I hadn't attended a Frenzy event since the 2nd one (due to my blogging hiatus). Not only was I thrilled to be learning about some fantastic upcoming fall/winter titles being released by HarperCollins, but I couldn't wait for the opportunity to catch up with my bookish gal-pals!

On what could have been the windiest day ever (not the best day to wear a dress), I arrived promptly at HCC HQ and was greeted by the friendly faces of the HCC team, and my fellow book bloggettes. Upon entering the board room, we were greeted with delicious treats, which included bookish cupcakes (drool), cookies (double drool), candy (dies), and beverages. Shortly after, we made our way to our seats and the exciting bookish presentation began.

This year's Fall/Winter line up from HCC was certainly a blast to go through. There was plenty of excitement going around for every title, a lot of high praises, and some very positive comments from the ladies of HCC. Furthermore, each presentation slide featuring a title had a brief description of the title that also included some descriptive emojis! It was an excellent touch, and added quite a bit of humor to the event. 


(All the delicious cupcakes for the Cupcake Queen!)

During the presentation, bloggers were treated to the opportunity to meet Kenneth Oppel and M-E Girard, authors of Every Hidden Thing and Girl Mans Up. It was wonderful hearing both authors talk so passionately about their upcoming titles, and hearing their feedback on blogger questions. I'm especially excited to read both of these titles, which were generously given to us by HarperCollins Canada. I positively cannot wait to read them both! Also, M-E Girard is totally my kind of person!

(Left to right; Kenneth Oppel and M-E Girard)

Below is a list of ALL the titles that were introduced to us during this year's Frenzy Presents event. I've gone ahead and directly linked each title to their respective Goodreads page for your convenience.


-----
Fall/Winter Releases:
(More like a list of all the books Wendy needs right now!)








We were also given some wonderful swag bags filled with all sorts of goodies! In my swag bag I received ARCs of Replica by Lauren Oliver (GASP!), Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (Double Gasp!) and Unrivaled by Alyson Noel. Other goodies included buttons of the above mentioned titles, a Smashbox sampler, a coloring page of the new upcoming Fantastic Beasts movie, and some bookmarks. Thank you, HarperCollins Canada!

Following the presentation, and a quick signing with Kenneth Oppel and M-E Girard, bloggers were free to chat/discuss with one another, devour some delicious treats, and make use of the fun photo opportunity (bookish photo wall, props, and all!)





Overall, I absolutely LOVED the 5th Annual Frenzy Presents event! I'm so excited for an entire array of reads headed our way, so be sure to stay tuned for my reviews and future Fresh on the Shelf giveaways! I want to extend a HUGE thank you to the team of HarperCollins Canada for not only forwarding me an invite, but for also putting together another flawless event!

Happy reading,
Wendy

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This looks and sounds like it was so much fun! I'm so ealous that you girls get to go to these amazing events and meet up with fellow bloggers, authors and treat yourself to those delicious looking treats and awesome swag packs! Great photos too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god you guys are so lucky, this looks amazing! Heaps of books and I'll be sure to check these out on GR plus those treats are making my mouth water - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a fantastic event!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form