newadult

Review: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

Friday, August 05, 2016Cupcake Queen



It Ends With Us
by Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Atria Books
Format:Paperback
Release Date:August 2nd, 2016
Purchase: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most.

Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up—she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan—her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

With this bold and deeply personal novel, Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all-too-human characters, It Ends With Us is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price.
     


I was positively delighted when It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover arrived on my doorstep from Simon & Schuster Canada. Colleen is one of my auto-buy authors, an absolute favourite, and an author that, in my eyes, can do no wrong when it comes to the written word. She's always inspired me with her incredible female leads, intense and emotional plots, and her soft and well-meaning lessons she enjoys slipping into her tales every now and then. It goes without saying that I was positive It Ends With Us was going to enlighten and thrill me as much as her previous titles had in the past.

“There is no such thing as bad people. We’re all just people who sometimes do bad things.”

I became emotional attached to Lily instantaneously. I saw myself in her and I enjoyed it but also disliked it all at the same time. I pitied myself for a little while there, I'm sad to say. Just like Lily, I've been known to put hard work a lot before my own needs, and have felt that anything remotely good that has been given to me would soon be taken away. Almost like anything good that happens is most positively too good to be true, you know what I mean? Lily was the heroine I needed at the moment, and although I disliked seeing much of myself in her, I felt like I needed this extra dose of reality and relatability in my fiction. As for Ryle, he was as brilliant as he was arrogant, cocky, and stubborn - I loved it! Although Lily and Ryle's personalities clashed, I enjoyed their dialogue and their chemistry immensely!

“Maybe love isn’t something that comes full circle. It just ebbs and flows, in and out, just like the people in our lives”

Well written, emotionally intense, romantic, and addicting - I loved It Ends With Us to pieces! Colleen's latest tale struck quite an emotional cord with me and I anticipate re-reading it again in the nearby future.



Rating: 
5 / 5 Cupcakes




This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accept in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited with the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Great review! I'm even more excited for it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I can't wait to read all of her books. I've only read the Never Never books, so I'm looking forward to not being the only one not fangirling over CoHo. I feel so left behind. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been this excited over a book in a long time
    Thanks Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course since this is a new Colleen Hoover book I see it pop up everywhere and just like every time time I see it a whole lot of mixed reviews comes with it! I've seen many people disappointed with her latest novel, It Ends With US but I've also seen many people love it as much as you have so I'm torn as to if I should give it a go. I'm not the biggest Colleen Hoover fan but I love emotional stories with realistic and relatble characters and of course a great romance, sometimes Colleen pulls that off for me but other times I've been disappointed... Great review btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, I absolutely cannot wait to read this! I don't know why I still don't see copies around my local bookstore. :(

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay a new Colleen Hoover book with another gorgeous cover! I'm so excited to read this one and I heard there's no love triangles which I couldn't be happier about tbh! I understand this book deals with some heavy stuff so I'm expecting a real rollercoaster of emotions whilst reading this. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new Colleen Hoover book definitely had me intrigued but I hear that the book deals with some heavy stuff which I won't mention 'cos of spoilers and I'm not sure it's really something I want to read about. I love Colleen's writing though so I might give it a go?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love CoHo book!
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've yet to read this and honestly, I'm dying to! great review.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form