event recap

Recap: Frenzy Presents - Spring Edition 2017

Sunday, March 12, 2017Cupcake Queen


On February 26nd I was invited, along with a large gathering of other fellow book bloggers, to HarperCollins Canada HQ for a fun bookish event I continue to look forward to year after year - The HCCFrenzy Frenzy Presents preview! Each time this event comes to pass, I always find myself with a notebook filled with titles I can't wait to read, and I always find myself wondering how much taller my TBR pile will grow before it completely topples over. With that said, after the incredible event hosted by HCCFrenzy, my pile stands taller and I cannot wait to devour each of the titles featured in the spring line up.

As Suman, our wonderful event MC, introduced each of the titles, I found myself continuously jotting down releases dates and notes in my trusty notebook, each title making me more excited than the last. There were several titles Suman introduced that stood out to me the most, and I cannot wait to share with you that very list!


The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (February 28th)
The Upside of Unrequited by Beck Albertalli (April 11th)
Fireworks by Katie Cotugno (April 18th)


-----


Me (and) Me by Alice Kuipers (April 11th)
It's Not Like a Secret by Misa Sugiura  (May 9th)
That Thing We Call a Heart by Sheba Karim (May 9th)
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy (May 9th)
Grit by Gillian French (May 16th)
Eliza and her Monsters by Francesca Zappia ( May 30th)


-----


Romancing the Throne by Nadine Jolie Courtney (May 30th)
I See London, I See France by Sarah Mlynowski (July 11th)
Avenged by Amy Tintera (May 2nd)
The Scattering by Kimberly McCreight (May 2nd)
The Crown's Fate by  Evelyn Skye (May 16th)
Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab (June 13th)


-----


Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer (April 11th)
The Black Witch by Laurie Forest (May 2nd)
Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner (May 16th)
Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau (June 6th)
Zenith by Sasha Alsberg (August 1st)


-----


House of Furies by Madeleine Roux (May 30th)
The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson (June 6th)
Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson (June 13th)
The Gentlemen's Guide to Vice and Virture by Mackenzi Lee (June 27th)



-----

Following Suman's presentation, we were given the opportunity to socialize among one another and enjoy some fun photo props and an assortment of goodies!

(Pictured: Yours truly with Ardo, Christa and Jenn.)



(Pictured: Yours truly with Meagan and swag from the event.)



Overall, the spring edition of Frenzy Presents was absolutely perfect! It was highly informative and filled with so many exciting upcoming titles. What titles are you most looking forward to? Be sure to let me know in the comment section below.

I would like to extend a huge thank you to HarperCollins Canada and the HCCFrenzy team for putting together another incredible event and for inviting me!




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Sounds like a great event, sure wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to attend something like this. I LOVED The Upside of Unrequited and enjoyed That Thing We Call a Heart. I'm currently reading Ramona Blue, and I'm excited for The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue and I See London I See France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely know what you mean about having a huge to read list, but it's also so much fun as well!!!!!! LOVED Becky Albertalli's latest, she's so wonderful and the characters are real, like real people who jump off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome to get new book recs straight from the publisher's! Do authors ever attend these events, talk about their books etc?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Contact Form