Monday, 15 May 2017

Recap: Fall 2017 Teens Read Preview Event


On May 6th of 2017, Raincoast Books invited Canadian book bloggers to attend this year's Fall 2017 TeensRead Preview event, in order to introduce and discuss highly anticipated young adult and middle grade titles. I have always looked forward to this event with great anticipation, however I unfortunately could not attend in person for the Fall preview due to an already full schedule. However, luckily Raincoast Books, as they have before, wonderfully set up a Google livestream of the event for everyone who couldn't physically attend. With that said, I immediately joined in on the fun when the event began, and gasped at all the incredible titles that quickly jumped onto my highly anticipated release list!



The event kick-started almost immediately with the introductions of our courteous hosts and dove immediately into discussing some of this fall's most exciting teen titles. Below you will find a list of all the titles discussed at this year's fall preview event, including an additional list of my most anticipated releases!

Young Adult:
13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough
Behind the Song by K.M. Walton
When I Cast Your Shadow by Sarah Porter
Spinning by Tillie Walden
I Have Everyone But You by Gaby Dunn and Allison Raskin
The Hanging Girl by Eileen Cook
Because I Was a Girl, Edited by Melissa De La Cruz
Frankie by Shivaun Plozza
The Love Letters by Abelard and Lily by Laura Creedle
As You Wish Chelsea Sedoti
Nice Try, Jane Sinner by Lianne Oelke
The Equals by Daniel Sweren-Becker
We Can't Be Friends by Cyndy Etler
Ally by Anna Banks
Last Chance by Gregg Hurwitz
Hidden Kingdom by Amanda Hocking
Teen Phantom: High School Horror by Chandler Baker

Middle Grade:
Mighty Jack and the Goblin King by Ben Hatke
Wishtree by Katherine Applegate
The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street by Karina Glaser
The Exact Location of Home by Kate Messner
Kids Like Us by Hilary Reyl

My Highly Anticipated Titles:
Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller
Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust
Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo, Illustrated by Sara Kipin
Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills
The Midnight Dance by Nikki Katz
Renegades by Marissa Meyer
Meet Cute, collaborated collection of shorts
Retribution Rails by Erin Bow
Sun Warrior by P.C. Cast
Ever the Brave by Erin Summerill


Following the upcoming title discussion, we were greeted by Jennifer Honeybourn, this year's Fall TeensRead preview event guest of honor! She spoke of her upcoming title, Wesley James Ruined My Life, an upcoming July 2017 contemporary title that sounds spectacular. She discussed getting published and gave us a sneak peek into her upcoming title, and additionally answered some questions from attendees. 



All in all, I found this year's Fall TeensRead Preview Event to be highly informative and exciting! I came away with a new list of incredible titles I can't wait to read. I want to extend a big thank you to the team at Raincoast Books for putting together another flawless event and for extending an invitation to me. 


Preview Event Goodies:

5 comments

  1. It's a genius idea to livestream the event! I hope they consider doing something similar for readers who aren't invited to events or who live too far away, it would be awesome!

    Lovely books you've got lined up for your reading and lovely covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that they did a live stream! More events should do that. I have my eye on Meet Cute - I just heard of it the other day and it sounds like my type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this event sounds so cool! I am glad you were able to learn a lot and enjoy yourself so much ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing list of new books! I'm a 6th grade language arts teacher, and I have students who read at all different levels. An event like this would really help me determine which books would be good to recommend and which ones to add to my classroom shelf.
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are sooooo many exciting book coming out this year! Looks like I'll be adding a few more to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete