youngadult

Review: Once and For All by Sarah Dessen

Wednesday, June 07, 2017Cupcake Queen



ONCE AND FOR ALL
by Sarah Dessen
Publisher:Viking Books for Young Readers
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: June 6th, 2017
Purchase: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
As bubbly as champagne and delectable as wedding cake, Once and for All, Sarah Dessen's thirteenth novel, is set in the world of wedding planning, where crises are routine.

Louna, daughter of famed wedding planner Natalie Barrett, has seen every sort of wedding: on the beach, at historic mansions, in fancy hotels and clubs. Perhaps that's why she's cynical about happily-ever-after endings, especially since her own first love ended tragically. When Louna meets charming, happy-go-lucky serial dater Ambrose, she holds him at arm's length. But Ambrose isn't about to be discouraged, now that he's met the one girl he really wants.

Sarah Dessen’s many, many fans will adore her latest, a richly satisfying, enormously entertaining story that has everything—humor, romance, and an ending both happy and imperfect, just like life itself.
     



Who doesn't love a good Sarah Dessen novel? I, personally, don't believe I've ever remotely disliked any of her titles, always finding peace and solace breezing through the pages. The uplifting tales, the exciting romances, and the wonderful writing is an aspect to Sarah Dessen's titles that has always had me coming back for more. So, with that said, I was an ecstatic little cupcake the moment a copy of Sarah's ONCE AND FOR ALL arrived on my doorstep, courtesy of Penguin Random House of Canada, and I found myself being completely unproductive that day, only finding time to read Sarah's latest from beginning to end.

Sarah Dessen's Once and For All was a light, heartwarming, summer read. I positively adored protagonist Louna. She had a straight-forward personality, a very well-rounded way of holding herself, and I completely related to her emotionally. Ambrose, Louna's prospective love interest in Once and For All, was another character I found inspiring. He was funny, compassionate, and had a seize-the-day kind of attitude I found admirable. It's a trait I would very much like to see in myself someday!

Overall, I found Sarah Dessen's latest to be a breezy read full of summer love, realistic relationship development, and felt that it focused on a lot of coming-of-age topics many younger readers might identify with. Sarah Dessen's Once and For All will not disappoint and I highly recommend it to all readers over the age of 14.



Rating: 
5 / 5 Cupcakes




This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accept in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited without the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is actually one of the first reviews I have read on this book! It sounds like the perfect summer read!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form